Special Note! A healthy door can handle these kits with ease. But if your garage door is already out of balance, adding insulation weight can literally tip that balance. Check your door’s balance before proceeding!
Best Metal Garage Door Insulation Kit
The Owens Corning 500824 Insulation Kit is the best metal garage door pre-cut insulation system. The kit comes with eight insulation panels that are 22 in. x 54 in. each. Metal door panels have exposed channels. The kit’s insulation fits into these panels. This kit will insulate one door up to nine feet wide. This insulation reduces noise as well as drafts. Customers report a ten to 30 deg. F summer temperature drop in their garage, as compared to outside temps.
Get the Owens Corning kit here.
Owens Corning Metal Garage Door Insulation Kit Fast Facts
- One kit insulates one door
- Intended for metal doors which have exposed channels to hold the insulation
- Installs in about one hour
- Panels are R-8 and white
- Includes fasteners
- Adhesive requires a clean surface!
- If your garage door panels don’t provide a snug fit, tape the panels with Gorilla or Duck tape
- Expect a ten to thirty degree temperature difference from outside
Get the Owens Corning metal garage door insulation kit here.
Best Wood Garage Door Insulation Kit
Wood doors often don’t have panel side channels the way metal doors do. So the Owens Corning doesn’t fit as well in wood doors as in metal. The IMP SmartGARAGE Reflective Garage Door Insulation Kit is the best garage door insulation kit for wood doors. This kit has an R-8 value and covers two 9 ft. x 7 ft. garage doors. You can also use this kit on metal doors.
IMP claims savings as much as 8 degrees, but many customers got better results than that. The SmartGARAGE kit will keep your garage warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Customers have reported 30 deg. F improvements in their garage temperature.
Special Note! Many customers report putting foam panels up and then this kit. Not all foam panels are safe for garage door insulation! They can be extremely flammable. This kit is a safe material, but the foam insulation panels might not be. To learn more, read our insulation article.
IMP SmartGARAGE Reflective Garage Door Insulation Kit Fast Facts
- This kit covers two garage doors
- It can be used on both metal and wood doors
- It is easy to apply
- Always clean surfaces before applying adhesive
- If the fit is loose then also use heavy-duty double-sided tape.
Get the IMP SmartGARAGE insulation kit.