I looked at least twenty “bike lift” and “ceiling storage” devices that I could not recommend. This is the ceiling we’re talking about. Something hanging from the ceiling can come down in a crash. We don’t ever want that to happen.
So I thought, why not get a real winch. It’s not dedicated to a ladder or a bike. It pulls big stuff upward, just the same. And if you hook a bar to the winch, you can create a stable cargo for it to lift. That’s when I went looking for winches. Know what I found? A lot of them are not worth recommending, either. Then I found the Partsam, which became the obvious choice.
A Good Winch is Better than a Ladder Lift or a Bike Lift
A winch is an automated lifting tool that pulls your stuff up to the ceiling.
It’s incredibly important to get this right, because the last thing we want is stuff crashing to the ground onto you, your family, or your stuff.
Don’t screw around with overhead storage! Know your ceiling weight capacity, and only buy the highest-rated ceiling storage devices! (link opens in new window)
The Best Garage Winch for Ladders, Bikes and More
Behold the Partsam 1320 Winch. This is the winch that is smart enough to shut itself off if its cable twists or it reaches maximum height. Or if you see a problem, the Stop! button shuts it off. Because: safety.
The Partsam winch can lift 660 lb. on one cable. Double up the cable to lift 1320 lb.
The Partsam winch comes with 3 ft. and 6 ft. straps to wrap your cargo for lifting
Stabile and Motorized Ceiling Storage
To avoid an unstable cargo, use the winch to lift a bar instead of your bike.
Hook your bike to the bar in two places. Now you have a balanced load.
You can wrap the bike in the straps to lift it. But that’s only one point of contact.
Hooking your cargo at two points gives it much more stability.
As you lift the item toward the ceiling, it will have more stability and less movement.
Once the cargo is at the desired height, set the cable break and voila, you now have motorized ceiling storage.
The break locks the cable at your desired height. Then turn off the power.
How to Choose Your Winch
The Partsam winch comes in models lifting 440 lbs. to 1760 lb.
Buy the largest winch within your budget. You think, “I need only a 440 lb. winch,” so you buy that. Then you try to lift a 1,500 lb. tractor with the only winch in the house. And then you’re sorry you did that.
The strongest winch is not much more expensive than the littlest one. Get the biggest one in your budget and avoid using a weak winch when you need a strong one.
The biggest Partsam is the model 1320. It lifts 16 ft. per minute, and lifts items up to 19 ft. high.
Attach the winch to a ceiling joist using the enclosed hardware.
The remote control is on a wire attached to the unit. It gives you 5 feet of length from where it’s plugged in to the remote in your hand. The package includes a 3 ft. and 5.5 ft. nylon straps.
View the Partsam winch below.
- Tips : How To USE: As image 4 shows, it firstly needs a mental bar or solid wooden bar that affords enough weights to hang the hoist up ceiling indoor or hanging outdoor.
- Lifting Weight: 660lb.(Single-line), 1320lb.(Double-line) ; Lifting Height: 38ft(Single-line), 19ft(Double-line) ; Lifting Speed: 33ft/min(Single-line), 16ft/min(Double-line);
- Electric chord of remote 5.2 FT ; Handle remote cord is 4.9FT ; Diameter of wire rope:0.18inch ; Tensile strength of wire rope ≧ 1770N/mm2
- Rated Volt: 110/120V ~ 60Hz ; Rated Current: 10.7A ; Input Power: 1250W ; Horsepower: 1.676 hp
- VERSATILE USE: Partsam electric hoist winch can be used to lift regular or irregular shape things as stones, trees, mower, engine, truck top cover ect. vertically or horizontally in garage, ceilings, loft, barn, attic anywhere and anytime you can imagine, and is a "must" in Christmas for lifting all kinds of heavy things. Extra Lift Slings we offer are included to make your job easier.【PARTSam Electric Hoist Runs with Emergency Stop Switch, the Red Button Works for that】